Friday, October 5, 2012

Color Series- Taupes: Smooth As Satin


Here goes the third installment of the taupe series and it brings me to one of the prettiest ones I own, MAC's Satin Taupe.  MAC describes this as a "taupe with silver shimmer", but I can tell you that the color is much more nuanced in person.  It leans on the warm side and tends to look like it has purple undertones depending on what other color you pair it with and the way the light hits it in the pan.  It's very soft and easy to work with.  MAC also describes the finish as a frost, but please believe me that this will not show up as a disco ball on your eye.  Its finish is in the same vein as my previously mentioned Sassy and Nutty eyeshadows.


Can you see how the color looks a little more purple?  Both pictures were take in natural daylight, however, the one above was taken later on in the day.  I did this so you get the full idea of what I was trying to describe.




As you can see, Satin Taupe and Sassy are very close in color.  Sassy is just pulling a tad bit warmer/redder.  Just a tad.  And it's not very frosty, either.

Again, another must have for any taupe lover!  Really, a must have for anyone who's wanting a versatile neutral outside the various shades of plain ol' brown.

I bought this single eyeshadow in the pan form so that I could easily pop it into a palette, but they do sell it in a pot.  The cost of the pan is now $12, pots $15.

And the taupe ship keeps running along...

*Next up: I'm going to give you the 411 on fave 402...

No comments:

Post a Comment