Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Polish Perfect


And so I tried another skin care item recently.  And I like it.  A lot.  It's a face scrub from cosmetics and beauty guru Laura Mercier that I just happened to get a sample of.  Now, I'm perfectly content with my current exfoliant, the original St. Ives Apricot scrub; it has served me well over the years and I've never had a problem with it.  Besides that, it's readily available at drugstores... so there's that.  But why not try something new?  And so I did.  I tried out the Flawless Skin Face Polish.  And if you have a few ticks of the clock to spare, I'd love to share my thoughts on it with you. 




Flawless Skin Face Polish is a peach-colored cream scrub dually designed to both exfoliate as well as cleanse to help promote smooth, even toned skin.  Upon first sight, the scrub appears to be mild and somewhat innocuous.  Packed with plant-based emollients like sunflower and macadamia oils, the latter providing it with a high anti-oxidant profile, it has a nourishing texture that feels good when initially applied against the skin.  But it's when you start to massage it over your face that you begin to see and feel just how truly potent the polish is.


The embedded microbeads pack a heavier punch than most in both purpose and size.  In lieu of being docile and bubble-like, these are visibly more granular with a gentle but effective grit to purify and polish the skin to a fresh finish.  My face felt clean, supple and soft after using... not at all stressed or abused.  And it has a light, dare I say "apricot-y" scent that's pretty nice, too.  #WINNING! 

So there you have it!  This scrub earns an A+ in my book.  It does exactly what it claims and does it with authority.  I like it mucho and although my fondness for it falls a tad short of me financially committing to a full-size version just yet, I am rather glad I got my hands on a mini.  It's the perfect polish for brightening and cleansing, and I'm very happy I got to give it a go!    

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish is available at Nordstrom and retails for $32/3.4 oz.   

No comments:

Post a Comment