Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sunny Delight - 103R


Well, it's official.  Now that we're getting closer to the end of winter's reign, I'm starting to feel a serious case of spring fever coming on.  Oh, all of the familiar symptoms are there: the want/need to shed heavier, cold-weather fare and bare more skin, including toes and other extremities that have run pale due to months of hibernating under an armor of boots and coats and sweaters and such.  There's a desire to shift patterns - a tradeoff, if you will - from graphic houndstooth to more beguiling prints of floral.  And alongside the changes in textiles comes the inevitable changes in color palettes.  Warm and as bright as the summer sun, I've already got my eyes on a shadow that I can't wait to put into rotation.  It's 103R from Inglot.  And if you have a few moments, I'd love to tell you a little bit about it.   




Inglot 103R is from their range of Rainbow shadows where three shades of the same color are put into one eyeshadow pan.  103R consists of a trio of matte yellows: a bright buttercup, a golden-yellow and a darker goldenrod shade.  Although nicely pigmented, I found 103R to be the chalkiest out of all the Inglot eyeshadows I own in that it has a drier consistency and was a little stiff to work with.  Therefore, I would recommend using a good color base underneath in addition to packing on the color to get this little birdy to really sing. 




The concept of getting three eyeshadows for the price of one is pretty ab-fab; however, the bargain is kinda squandered on this one since the two darker shades are virtually indistinguishable from each other (at least on my skin).  But shade grades aside, I'm loving what this little number is bringing to the table.  A delightful scale of sunny yellows, it is indeed a cool addition to my humble collection.

Inglot 103R is available at Inglot boutiques and select Macy's, and retails for $9. 

No comments:

Post a Comment