Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Lancome Hypnose Star


You know, for years I've been perfectly content with dressing my lashes in drugstore mascaras.  Far from being a mascara snob, my modest requirement of simply making my peeper sweepers more noticeable has been expertly handled by my L'Oreals, therefore I haven't felt the need to seek nor try out any from a higher retail bracket... that is, until now.  They're Real! mascara by Benefit was one of the first to whet my appetite for pricier fare and now this gem is making me downright ravenous for it.  It's Lancome's Hypnose Star and, if you have a few moments, I'd like to tell you a little about it.





Hypnose Star is a volume-inducing mascara inspired by the likes of iconic, animated vixen Betty Boop to deliver glamorous looking lashes while imparting a "glossy, gel-like finish" via their "black-diamond effect" formula.  The wand has a rounded side to ensure separation and definition, and a flatter side to expertly disperse product - a dual feature I had no prior knowledge of as I routinely applied it as I would any other mascara and got awesomely dramatic results nonetheless.  Fully "suited and booted" in a silky, ink-black from root to tip, my lashes instantly looked longer and more lush after only one round of coating!  No layering needed!  #Winning!

(Bare lashes)

(Bare lashes)

(Hypnose Star lashes)

(Hypnose Star lashes)

(Hypnose Star lashes)
 
(Hypnose Star lashes)

Guys, I think I may have to break down and legitimately cop this one.  The one I have now was a GWP ("gift with purchase" - thank God for freebies!), so when it runs out... *sigh*.  I think I may have to make the splurge.  I mean, my peeper sweepers looked like they were desperately trying to touch my eyebrows after applying.  And it didn't flake.  And it didn't make my lashes feel like they were burdened with a heavy coat of armor.  Now, that's pretty darn good mascara in my book!

So, while I still appreciate my L'Oreals, two mascaras in (They're Real!, Hypnose Star) and I'm already starting to think that an upgrade may be in order.  This Lancome Hypnose is definitely the bee's knees, y'all.  Gorgeous on all fronts, it has rooted a desire in me to branch out and give some more of these high-brow mascaras a second look. 

Lancome Hypnose Star is available at Sephora and retails for $28.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment