Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sweet Indulgence


Would you pay $24 dollars for a deodorant?  Sounds crazy, huh?  What if it derived from a popular designer fragrance line?  Still not biting, I see...  Well, before you call in the "white coats" to come and retrieve me, hear me out for a second.  I have a decadent dose of "smell good" that I want to share with you.  A little on the northern side of pricey, it's Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist Deodorant and I think it's totally awesome.




Just as flirty and just as delightful as all the other offerings bearing the fragrance's moniker, Cashmere Mist Deodorant is a solid anti-perspirant imbued with the same soft, powdery scent that's inherent to the line.  But don't let the pretty smell fool you; it also packs an effective punch in fighting off wetness and odor with the help of corn starch, vitamin E as well as other ingredients.



I've been rocking this anti/deo for awhile and it has never failed me.  I love the way it smells and truly appreciate its lasting power (as well as everyone around me, I'm sure!).  It is a solid, so sometimes I rub it in so that I don't get a lot of the underarm cakiness solids are notorious for.  But other than that... no issues.

Now, I have noticed that it has gone up in price and nearly fainted from sticker shock (it used to be $17!).  Price increase aside, if you're looking for an upgrade from the regular, run-of-the-mill, drugstore variety, enjoy the smell of soft scents and don't mind indulging every now and again then I think Cashmere Mist Deodorant is definitely a splurge-worthy item you should check out for yourself.

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Deodorant is available at Sephora as well as Beauty.com, and retails for $24/1.7 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment