Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mid-Week Report: One Hit Wonder-ful


I really didn't want to do neutral, guys.  Nope.  Wasn't in the mood for it.  I wanted to spice up the week with a little bold, in-your-face color while falling short of anything too garish or "artsy".  I longed for a bit of summer on my eyes.  Something simple, though.  So I went about the business of finding a proper shade that could evoke the sense of summer all while working by its lonesome... and after a short deliberation, decided to go full-on turquoise!  Woo-hoo!  And so I rummaged through my stash of shadows, quickly assembled the supporting cast and got to painting.


For my semi-monochromatic look, I recruited the help of L'Oreal HiP's cream eyeliner in Teal as a base, as well as the green-blue shadow stationed in Stila's Artful Vol. III palette to bring a little intensity to the overall look.  But it was the turquoise half of HiP's eyeshadow duo in Showy that took center stage as it was the main player on my eyes, from the top of my lids to the bottom lashes.

(L'Oreal HiP's Showy)






I kept it mainly turquoise, winging the color out and beyond my eye socket for effect, but did line my bottom waterline with a water-like blue.  I also lightened the inner corners of my eyes with MAC's Nylon.  NARS' Exhibit A and Reyna, a coral colored liquid lipstick from Kevyn Aucoin, were some of the other notables that helped in rounding out the final look.

So, it just goes to show that monochromatic doesn't have to be mega boring.  I know that this particular ensemble, for me, lifted my mood and shot some well needed inspiration into my veins.  I was not tempted (not even once!) to darken the outer corner with a black or dark blue... or even smoke out the bottom lash line for insurance; my turquoise "one hit wonder" was hitting all the right notes in my book and came out looking wonderful - at least in my eyes (and on them).  After a dreary and soggy week thus far, I once again feel the zing of summertime.  And, needless to say, I'm more than ready to tackle another mono creation to help keep the momentum going.


2 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful look on you! i haven't worn blue eyeshadow in ages mainly because of my work environment, i'll try to switch it up a bit and add a little color on the water line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Yeah, I had to switch it up myself just to keep things interesting. You should totally rock some blue soon. I'd love to see it! ;0)

      Delete