Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday Flashback: UD Show Pony


Hey, guys!  Happy July 4th!  I was going to try and finagle the whole red/white/blue thing into a makeup look for the holiday until I came across yet another untouched/unused palette that I had packed away in my travel case.  It's a memorable blast from the not too distant past that's sure to ring a bell for most of you.  Do you remember this one?  It's the Show Pony Shadow Palette from Urban Decay.




Adorned inside and out with the artistic stylings of LA-based artist Kime Buzzelli, Show Pony is a collection of six, summer-worthy shades of shadow - including one (Smog) that's become the unofficial staple amongst UD's collection of palettes.  Rounding out the cosmetic ensemble is a mini 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero (black) as well as another one of Urban Decay's palette staples: a miniature Primer Potion (not pictured).




(L to R: Snatch, Mildew, Flash)

(Top to Bottom: Snatch, Mildew, Flash)

(L to R: Painkiller, Smog, Toasted)

(Top to Bottom: Painkiller, Smog, Toasted, Zero)


All are straight pearls as far as their finish except for Snatch, which is a pearly peach with peach glitter.  All are smooth and potently pigmented with Flash being the finickiest out of the crew and not as forthcoming with its color as the rest.  All are insanely gorgeous and easily prove that this Shadow Box is no one-trick Pony.  And, on top of everything else, the artwork is awesome... which only adds to this UD palette's pocketful of cool points!

So, suffice it to say, I like this palette a lot and am awfully glad to have it in my stash.  Now I've got to put my money where my mouth is and use the darn thing!  And if I doll my face up this weekend, I definitely will.  Either which way, I'm putting myself on notice and adding it to the list (an ever-growing one, sad to say) of makeup items that I must make a concerted effort to use very soon.  And when I do, I'll be sure to put all the details right here on front street for you guys to peruse and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment