Friday, May 30, 2014

The Drama Gild


I'm not much of a gold eyeshadow girl, the high yellow version especially.  I dunno - it just never appealed to me.  I mean, I do own a pan or two in the shade, but those were procured by default since they ended up being a selection in a palette.  But now that it's officially summer (Yay!), I'm ready to get my golden groove on and dress my eyes with a hint of glint to complement my soon-to-be sun-kissed complexion.  And I think I've got just the items to help me in my quest.  So if you don't mind, I'd love to tell you a bit about them both: Revlon's eyeliner in Antiqued Gold and MAC's paint pot in Genuine Treasure.




First up is Antiqued Gold, which is a sullied yellow-gold with a pearl finish.  It is one of Revlon's Luxurious Color eyeliners and comes with a sponge smudger on the end.  Besides it being a nice departure from the bright yellow variety, it glides on smoothly without tugging or pulling and leaves ample color in every swipe.  I had no problems with it fading or migrating and it stayed put all day until removal later on that night.




Next up is MAC's Genuine Treasure, which is a weathered, patinated gold with a high-pearl/mid-frost finish.  It is a paint pot from one of MAC's previous makeup collections and is not currently available; however, if you are into such colors and can either find this at a CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet) or something extremely comparable, please don't hesitate to pick it up for it is truly a stunner in person!  Not only that, but its creamy texture wears well on the eye as a base or primary lid color, is highly pigmented and does not budge once applied.  It is ab fab, y'all!




So, there you have it!  While summer's Midas touch gilds my skin in a gorgeous glow, I'll be doing my part and imparting some of that drama to my peepers.  Antiqued Gold and Genuine Treasure are two golds that I simply can't wait to rock this "season of the sun".  In fact, I may conjure up something next week... if I have the time.  And you know good and well that if and when I do, I'll be sure to put it on front street for your perusal.

Revlon Antiqued Gold Luxurious Color Eyeliner is available at Target, Walmart and various drugstores, and retails for around $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment