Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Obscenely Keen On Deep Blue Green


I own a fair share of blue eyeshadows, but - to be honest - I don't really find myself donning "blue eyes" a whole lot.  Therefore, in the spirit of "spring cleaning", I am dusting off this pretty baby that I bought from The Cosmetics Company Outlet some years ago (and only used once since) and taking it for a spin.  In my opinion, it is one of MAC's most beguiling pigments; rich in color with a gorgeous finish, it's one that I just had to have.  And thank goodness it's also one of their staples.  If you're not already aware and have a little time to spare, I would love to show and share with you a lovely powdered gem called Deep Blue Green.

 



Deep Blue Green is an intensely dark, indigo blue-green.  It is from MAC's lineup of loose pigments and comes in a small, plastic vial (currently smaller than the sizable, old school DBG shown above), complete with plastic stopper.  Robust with color, it is potently pigmented and performs well on the eye as it blends effortlessly and has no issues working in cahoots with other shadows.  It has a velvety, soft texture and also boasts a fab pearl finish.





I think I may wear this with a MAC quad that I also bought from the CCO, but I'm not positive.  I could always go the smoky route since it's so dark, but if I do I'll prolly flip it in some way.  You know, add a colored eyeliner or something.  Ooh, and what about using this on my lips instead?  OMG, now you know I'm totally down for that one!  That may happen, guys.  It just may happen...

Well, I'm still working out all the particulars, but one thing I know for sure - this blue is too pretty to keep undercover.  And if you fancy the shade as much as I do, perhaps you should go and check it out for yourself.  And if you do, let me know what you think and how it worked out for you!

MAC Deep Blue Green is available at Macy's, Nordstrom and MAC boutiques, and retails for $21/4.5g (old school version shown above is 7.5g).

2 comments:

  1. i have this same color in a small tube that i got from a holiday collection from a few years back, like any pigment i still haven't made a dent in the product lol it is a lovely color i always go to for a lovely smokey eye! great post btw! i hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Joanne! Yeah, it's really hard to make "a dent" in these pigments; so much product. Dope color, though, huh? I'm doing well! Hope you're doing well, too! So glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks! :0)

      Delete