Monday, April 21, 2014

Luminous Flush


Hey, guys!  Well, persistence has a big payoff as I have finally procured the blush that initially made my heart go pitter-patter upon seeing it online.  And although Mood Exposure was a dutiful salve for the disappointment I felt in not being able to get my hands on it right away, I still found myself waiting to exhale until this beauty of a blusher was in my possession.  So, without saucing on, I'm going to get right to the meat 'n' potatoes and spill the beans on Hourglass' blush in Luminous Flush.






Luminous Flush is a marbled champagne-carnation pink.  It is from Hourglass' lineup of Ambient Lighting Blushes, which pairs a selection from their Ambient Lighting finishing powders with a soft-hued blush for a soft-focus, multidimensional finish on the cheeks.  Nestled in a gold toned compact, complete with mirror, the blush is smooth and yields ample color with the slightest touch.




Luminous Flush full swatch (L), Blended out (R)

OK, so you know I couldn't wait to get my fingers in this and apply it to my cheeks and when I did... OH, MY!  The color looked so beautiful against my brown skin; it gave me a radiant flush that made me look as if I were glowing from the inside out and its soft-focus effect rendered my skin like that of a porcelain doll (sans the shine) - flawless.  It's like creating CGI, but with a compact.  It's like editing with Photoshop, but with a powder.  It's like accessing Hollywood special effects powerhouse Industrial Light & Magic, but without the million dollar price tag!  OK, I'm going a little overboard, but I think you get my point: it made me look pretty.

So, as you can tell, I am over-the-moon with Luminous Flush.  I think it's a fab blush that shades your cheeks with natural looking color while effortlessly imparting a skin-enhancing luminosity that is the cat's meow!  And if you're in the market for a one-stop blush that can multitask then I think you owe it to yourself to give this one a look-see.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush is available at Sephora and retails for $35.

No comments:

Post a Comment