Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Colored Pencils: Red and Purple Lips


I think my search for lip pencils to complete my collection is finally coming to a close.  I may add one or two more to the bunch, but with the addition of a new purple, a red and a wine, I think I already have a wide enough assortment of colors to carry me through a variety of desired looks.  So if you guys have a moment or two to spare, I'd love to chit-chat and share my latest finds with you.


First up is a plummy, deep bordeaux from Wet 'n' Wild called Plumberry.  It is richly pigmented and works perfectly alone or paired with a wine lippy to create a vamp-worthy, dark pout.  On a balm-prepped lip, it applied evenly and without tugging.  It has a matte finish.





Next up is a warm, valentine red from Prestige called Amore.  I've been looking for a nice red that wasn't too cool and/or blue-based for awhile and I'm so glad that I finally got my hands on this one.  It applies very smoothly on the lips and deposits a potent amount of pigment in every stroke.  It wore well on me for hours (tested by itself with only a dab of Vaseline on top) and has a matte finish.






And to round out my trio of acquired treasures is a high-voltage violet from MAC called Magenta.  MAC describes it as a "vivid, pinkish purple".  I describe it as "Wow!" as it is an unabashed eye-catcher as well as a dutiful lip-enhancer, propelling the lips to a whole other level of purple with the rich dose of color it leaves behind.  And it's infused with a pink iridescence to boot.  All of which sounds like a win-win-WIN in my book!





L to R: Plumberry, Amore, Magenta

So, there you have it!  Again, I may add one more to the pile, but I believe I have most of my bases covered when it comes to coloring my lips.  And while it was quick and easy finding some of the shades, long and arduous was the journey trying to hunt down some of the others because of my finickiness... but it was so worth it.  And with all the happiness a little girl can muster, I'm ready to pull out my colored pencils and play until my heart's content.

Wet 'n' Wild Plumberry and Prestige Amore are available at various drugstores while MAC Magenta is available at Macy's and MAC boutiques.  The lip pencils retail for 99¢, $5 and $15, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment