Monday, January 6, 2014

Aloha, Awapuhi!


This past weekend I decided to perm my hair.  The perm that I buy doesn't come with a neutralizing shampoo, which is just fine by me because I find that they make my hair feel like straw.  I like using a regular one, one that's somewhat moisturizing since the whole perming process can be potentially drying.  Oh, and I prefer it to be thick so that I can slather it on my head and feel like every lock is being coated with suds.  My Phytojoba is too refined and not suitable to be this type of workhorse so I prowled the aisles of Ulta to peruse some more viable options.  And along with re-upping on my Paul Mitchell Skinny serum, I picked up this yummy blast from my past - Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Shampoo.




Awapuhi Shampoo is a richly hydrating cleanser from Paul Mitchell, a hair industry juggernaut well known for its schools in addition to its high-end products.  When I first started on my hair improvement journey, I dove head first into Paul Mitchell's products; I became obsessed.  Besides the Skinny line, sprays and pommade, I tried this shampoo.  Named after the Hawaiian wild ginger it's infused with, Awapuhi gently removes dirt and build-up while promoting shine and adding moisture.  It is suitable for all hair types, including processed and color-treated hair, and has an alluring, light smell to it - a touch of sweet with a dash of tropical.



When I first tried the thick, clear shampoo some years ago, it was just one of many I juggled in and out of my routine as I worked feverishly to fine tune and develop the perfect roster of products for my hair.  So, it kinda got lost in the process and was forgotten about.  But now that I've revisited it, I can truly say that it is all that it's cracked up to be.  I used it to wash out the perm and it left my hair soft, supple and shiny.  And in addition to using it on your hair, it also doubles as a body wash - a claim I haven't exploited yet, but I'm sure it's sufficient in that capacity as well. 

So, all in all, I am very happy with this shampoo.  But I'm not surprised because I like a lot of Paul Mitchell products.  And if you're in the market for a thick, do-it-all, moisturizing poo then you may want to give this one a look-see.

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo is available at Ulta and retails for $3.98/3.4 fl. oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment