Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Algenist's Firming & Lifting Cream


Uh-oh.  I got another skincare sample, y'all.  Yes, I'm about to take the plunge and try out a deluxe-mini of a skin cream I received with a recent purchase.  All of its ingredients sound quite promising, but after the DDF debacle, you know I will be approaching this with extreme caution.  So, without further ado, let's chit-chat a little about the newest cream trying to earn a spot on my skincare roster: Algenist's Firming & Lifting Cream.



Algenist's Firming & Lifting Cream combines the collagen boosting/anti-aging benefits of peptides with the powerful, regenerating compound derived from microalgae called Alguronic Acid to create this potent skin cream.  Not only is it supposed to fight aging hazards like wrinkles, but it also lists firming, lifting and softening as its many skin enhancing credits.  Avocado and olive fruit oils are two of the cream's more notable moisturizing agents and it is paraben-, sulfate- and cruelty-free.




The white cream feels light and emollient, but not greasy.  It has a faint, unobtrusive fragrance and spreads nicely across the skin; therefore, a little dab will go a long way.  It is formulated to be used on both the face and neck and reviewers have claimed visible results in about ten days.  Sounds ambitious, but I'll be their huckleberry and take it for a spin.

So, you know how this goes.  I'm going to mindfully apply it to my skin over the next couple of days and if all goes well, I'll give a glowing report via an update.  And on the other end of the spectrum, if my face turns out looking like I did a ten rounder with Mike Tyson then I'll update you on that, too.

Welp, keep your fingers (and toes) crossed for me.  I'm going in...

Algenist Firming & Lifting Cream is available at Sephora and retails for $94/2 oz.

*Update on 1/31:  I've been using this cream religiously (twice a day) over my entire face and some of my neck for two weeks now and I am happy to report that I've had no breakouts or any type of adverse reaction to the cream whatsoever.  It feels good going on and leaves my face feeling soft.  Now, I don't have wrinkles to speak of yet, but I do have laugh lines around my mouth aaaannnd... they're still there.  But my skin does feel somewhat tighter which, in turn, has caused my laugh lines to be slightly less pronounced.  It's a modest result that only I would notice, but a realistic one since it never claimed to totally annihilate wrinkles and reverse all signs of aging.  No cream has that power.  But it puts up a decent fight as far as firming the skin goes and for that I give it a thumbs up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment