Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Kinky Pinky


Well, it's more of a fuchsia... which still makes it a part of the pink familia, so it's all good.  I like it because it's a great alternative this season to wearing the conventional Christmas reds.  Incredibly pretty, it reminds me of one of the press-on, adhesive bows that you put on wrapped gifts.  Let me share with you this wonderful color from OPI called Kinky In Helsinki.




Kinky In Helsinki is a jewel-toned fuchsia with undeniable violet undertones.  It has a high gloss and great coverage; I was able to achieve suitable opacity in two applications.  It also wore well on my busy hands, showing minor chipping on the edges of my nails after about five days.




Now, I am aware that Kinky is from one of OPI's past collections and may not be readily available everywhere or that easy to find.  However, the color is not that unique that it hasn't shown up in lineups from other brands.  In fact, I've seen the same shade from Revlon, Sally Hansen and Wet 'n' Wild, the latter of which I actually own.  Therefore, it's not the brand nor the title from the brand that I'm particularly impressed with, but the beauty of this spectacular shade o' pink that I really wanted to impress upon you.  It's just that lovely. 

So, if you're able to pick up the OPI version - great!  Do so.  But if not, reward yourself by finding its doppelganger in another brand.  It's a gorgeous, festive fuchsia that would be perfect to don for the holidays.  And beyond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment