Monday, October 7, 2013

The Luxe Life


Don't you just love it when you take a gamble on something and it actually pays off big time?  I saw this bad boy online and it looked and sounded pretty cool.  I hadn't heard a lot of talk about it, but I decided to roll the dice and grab the 9-shadow palette anyway.  And guess what?  I hit the jackpot, baby!  My instincts were right on the money: Stila's Luxe palette is AH-MAY-zing!





Luxe is a collection of six cream-to-powder shadows, three mattes plus a Smudge Stick eyeliner in Ladyfish, all of which come housed in a textured, silver and gray palette.



Ladyfish is a dusky purple with fuchsia pearl.  The eyeliner is a mechanical, twist-up pencil that literally glides across the skin while depositing a fine ribbon of opaque color during application.  Oh, and did I mention that it's waterproof?  Well, it is.



And now the shadows.  Such beauties!  The top three are the neutral mattes, which are soft and silky to the touch and yield robust color effortlessly.  The remaining six are the cream-to-powders, which feel a lot like the L'Oreal 24HR Infallible shadows; they are firm, but possess a velvety, mousse-like texture that immediately translates to powder once applied to the skin.  These, too, are potently pigmented and have excellent color payoff!

Top Row (3):
Bubble Bath (cream)

Silk (peachy tan)

Bon Bon (mid chocolate-brown)



Middle Row (3):

Pink Diamond (pale pink)

Marilyn (pearlescent fuchsia)

Bordeaux (pearlescent wine)



Bottom Row (3):

Cashmere (pearlescent oatmeal)

Crushed Velvet (deep, pearlescent burgundy-brown)

Heart of the Ocean (navy with water-blue pearl)





In addition to all the colored goodies comes a foldout look-book containing four different eye looks for those that may need a nudge of inspiration.  Pretty darn cool, huh?

So, what do you think?  I have to tell you that I got so excited while swatching these that I let loose a high-pitched squeal like a prepubescent girl, much to the chagrin of my doggie.  But I'm so glad I took the gamble and came up on the plus side of things.  I am loving this palette!  The colors and shadows are just that AH-MAY-zing!  #Winning!

Stila Luxe Palette is available at stilacosmetics.com and beauty.com, and retails for $45.

No comments:

Post a Comment