Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tangerine Dream


I've had my eye on this for a while.  My sister wore this in a look and I loved the color so much that I had to follow suit and finally cop one for myself.  It's an Aqua Cream from Make Up For Ever - Shade #10.



Shade #10 is a bright, shimmering orange with prominent yellow-gold pearl.  It's a super pigmented cream from MUFE's lineup of waterproof, multi-purpose Aqua Creams, which come packaged in small, hard plastic jars with screw-on lids.  They're touted as being smudge-proof and crease-proof as well - two big claims for which I can readily attest to. 






Upon swatching, I noticed that it was just a smidgen stiffer than the other ACs I own.  Perhaps this is because it's formulated specifically for use on the lips and cheeks, but you know me... I can be hardheaded.  I'm curious how it will perform on the eye, too, so I'll be doing a little experimenting soon to find out.  No worries. 


I found that using a concealer or small synthetic brush was best for picking up and dispersing the product during application, which should be done without a whole lot of hesitation since it fixes and dries quickly.  Opaque coverage was easily had with very little effort.  Also, it does have a slight chemical/plastic smell (like all the Aqua Creams), but I didn't find it overwhelming.  But it is there and worth mentioning for those sensitive to such things.

I just love this sunshine-y orange!  But hey, that's me.  If this color doesn't exactly float your boat, Aqua Creams do come in thirty-two additional shades, so you're bound to find something that tickles your fancy.  That's if you're interested in a long-wearing, highly-pigmented cream with numerous uses.  And with all those boasts under its belt, I can't see why you wouldn't.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Shade #10 is available at Sephora and retails for $23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment