Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Cheap Thrill


It's really hard to ask a lot from a product that only costs about a dollar, but Wet 'n' Wild seems to be up for the challenge with its wide range of products that hover around 99¢.  Besides their Color Icon eyeliners and single shadows, they also offer a lipstick line that falls into this very category.  So, I snapped up one in a fetching shade of pink, shade 505A, and it ended up being a pretty decent lippy.  




505A is referred to as a "light berry".  It's a pop of pink that I would describe as an icy fuchsia.  It is from WnW's Silk Finish line of lipsticks and it has a frost finish.




The application and overall feel of the lipstick was smooth.  Opaque coverage was achieved in a few swipes and it lasted a good while with slight fading after some hours.  There was no discernible taste or smell to speak of, so I think that all in all it's a good serving of lip color for the price.

Trying this lippy has sorta whet my appetite for their other lip lines, namely their Mega Shield Lip Color SPF 15 lipsticks.  Shades of deep berries to beige-y nudes comprise the narrow range offered in the line, but I'm still curious to see how they'll perform.  And their Mega Last Lip Color lippies are on my radar as well to try out seeing that they have a wider range of colors and boast a semi-matte, creme finish infused with goodies like Vitamin A & E.  But for now, my 99¢ splurge has given me a mini thrill all for the low-low.  And I ain't complainin' one bit.

Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Lipstick 505A is available at most drug stores, including beauty.com, and retails for a whopping 99¢.

No comments:

Post a Comment