I would like to thank the ever-so-sweet Rachel for tagging me for The Liebster Award, which is a blog tag that "pays it forward" by helping you get to know bloggers you may already be familiar with while exposing you to those you may not. Rachel is a beauty blogger from "across the pond" so please be sure to check her out at: http://rachelsbeautybites.blogspot.co.uk/.
Thanks again, Rachel!
The rules are pretty simple:
- Once tagged, answer the 11 questions posed by the one who tagged you
- Then, in return, pass the award along to blogs with less than 200 followers by informing them of their nomination and tagging them to answer your set of 11 questions
Rachel's Questions For Me:
1. What’s your favourite season of the year? (Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn (Fall) and why?
My favorite season is spring because the weather is perfect on most days - not too hot and not too cold.
2. Do you have a favourite Beauty/Hair product?
My favorite hair product would be my HAI ceramic flat iron. I love it because it imparts a lot of shine and gets my hair completely straight without a lot of hassle.
3. What’s the one item of clothing you wear all the time and love?
Well, the one TYPE of clothing that I wear most times is denim. From denim jeans to denim jackets, I love it. Versatile and comfy.
4. What’s your favourite colour?
PINK! Lol. Yes, I'm a girly-girl. That's my favorite color.
5. What’s your favourite book?
Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison was a high school reading assignment and I ended up reading the entire book ahead of schedule. I couldn't put it down. The way Toni Morrison writes is masterful and this story is unlike anything I've ever read. She truly had me at "hello".
6. Why did you start blogging?
Actually, a girlfriend of mine pushed me to start blogging. I really had no interest before, but she pushed me to start one after she created hers so that we could blog together. I started out talking about my everyday life and my feelings on certain subjects, but now I've blossomed into other topics like beauty and fashion.
7. What have you learned while blogging?
I learned that there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Yes, there are a lot of bloggers bloggin' out there, but stay true to your own voice because even though hundreds may be talking about the same thing, it's YOU that makes your blog unique.
8. What’s the funniest memory you have?
Funniest memory? Ooh, that's hard. I have way too many, but I will tell you that I used to have a best friend that would literally have me in tears because he could make anything seem funny without being mean about it. He was hilarious and I always had the best time with him.
9. What’s one product/piece of clothing you will never use again?
You know, I'm really trying to get away from flat, rubber flip-flops. They're really not good for your feet because of the lack of padding, especially under your heels. So, I'm becoming more diligent about buying sandals with the proper soles and padding, and doing away with the cheap flip-flops for summer.
10. What’s your favourite place in the world?
My favorite place so far (geographically) is Los Angeles, California. Sun, beach, good weather... there's so much to do and see there. My favorite place to be in the world as far as life is concerned? In my bedroom, stretched out over my pillow-top bed with a bowl of ice-cream on my lap and a good action movie. To me, there's nothing better.
And now my nominees! I tag the following:
And here are my Questions:
1. What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
2. If you were stranded on an island and had to choose between a TV or radio for entertainment, what would you choose and why?
3. What was your favorite toy growing up?
4. Heels or flats?
5. What actor would you pick to play you in a movie and what would the movie be titled?
6. What do you love most about blogging?
7. What makeup item (if any) can you simply NOT do without?
8. Favorite makeup brand?
9. Would you ever do a reality TV show and, if so, which one would you go on?
10. Mac or PC?
11. Sum yourself up in one word.
Thanks so much to everyone who takes the time out to read my blog and finds some type of interest in what I have to say. It really means a lot to me. I would also like to thank my nominees in advance for accepting the tag for this award and I look forward to reading your responses!