Friday, July 19, 2013

Purple Reign


Seems like I've been yapping a lot about the color purple as of recent, so I figured it only fitting that I end the week with one more offering in the shade.  And it happens to be a classic.  It's a lovely lacquer from OPI called You Ottaware Purple.



You Ottaware Purple is a pearly grape color that I believe is from one of their previous nail polish collections, which may explain why it was on a deeply discounted sale when I bought it.  I like polishes, but I'm not a nail polish fiend so I don't really stay abreast of such things; I just buy what I like when I see it.  And so when I saw it with an orange sale sticker plastered on its side, I grabbed it.



I didn't have any problems with streaking or bubbling, but I did have to apply a total of FOUR COATS to get full opaque coverage.  I was a little surprised that I needed so many because it looks so pigmented in the bottle and even on the brush.  Nevertheless, the color is a lovely one and lasted a decent amount of time on my busy hands.

So, if you happen to catch this one while out somewhere, you may want to check it out.  Otherwise, I'm sure you'll be able to find a comparable color in their most recent collection(s) or perhaps in their permanent lineup of polishes. 

OPI can be found at numerous drug stores including drugstore.com and Ulta, and retails for $9.

No comments:

Post a Comment