Friday, June 14, 2013

On the Road Again, Part 1 - The Prep


Well, it's that time of year when all the little familial caterpillars we've invested time and love and effort in make their final transition to beautiful, smart butterflies... ready to fly headstrong into a wild, wild world.  It's graduation time.  And I have a cupcake of a niece who is graduating from high school.  So, I must make the sojourn - once again - to my good ol' hometown.  And since my dog is an anxious traveller, my mode of transport will be the four-wheel kind.


I will be staying with my sister and even though that affords me to travel pretty light, I will be bringing the majority of my own toiletries and such.  Must haves for me are my travel-sized Boscia facial cleanser and St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  I think my Laura Mercier TM will be tagging along, too.  I styled my hair the night before so in keeping with my heat-once-a-week hair rule, I'm bringing old school, hard plastic rollers.  Can't forget my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and a couple of makeup brushes...



In addition to a few full-sized, I'm packing my travel-size brushes - complete with case - by Sonia Kashuk.


Ugh!  I'm really not sure about the makeup I wanna rock, but I'm leaning towards the look I used in my most recent Weekend Report post.  This go around, I'll be using all Inglot shadows.  I may change out the lipstick, though.  I'm thinking of something a tad bit bolder in color.  And NARS' Exhibit A is a strong contender for the cheeks.  Still trying to decide.


I'm definitely going dark on my hands and toes with a cherry cola color from OPI called Midnight In Moscow.


I had every intention of wearing a dress for the occasion, but opted for a pantsuit instead since it will likely travel better.



Jeweled denim wedges will complete the ensemble.


Even got the pup in on the action.  Although he will not be attending the actual ceremony, he'll be donning his crisp and clean cargo shirt in honor of the festivities.


And since the drive ahead of me will be long, I've gotta stay hydrated and keep awake.  Some of my favorite cookies and a bottle of water should do the trick.

So, here I go again.  Packing up my car and putting rubber to road to return back to where it all started for me.  But I'm motivated and with very good reason.  I've got a date with a beautiful little butterfly who has gone beyond what was required of her and, in turn, earned her colorful wings of flight.  I'm so immensely proud of her and can't wait to see her beam with pride as she makes that walk to the podium.

*Next up: On the Road Again, Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment