Friday, March 29, 2013

A Punch of Orange


ORANGE!  Yep, that's about the sum of it.  That's about as accurate a description I can muster for this nail polish.  There's no sparkle, no multicolored pearls, no color shifting pigments... it's just orange.  But that doesn't make it boring.  It's a bright, pretty shade of orange, hence the name of Orly's nail lacquer Orange Punch.



Orange Punch is described as being a high-gloss nail polish, but I really beg to differ.  When I applied the first coat it dried down to an almost matte finish.  I applied a total of two coats, which provided the proper opacity I was looking for as well as a little more of a shine to the finish.  However, it is not nearly as glossy as my other nail polishes, including my other Orly shades.  It's not a huge issue, though; any glossy top coat can easily cure this, but I thought it was worth mentioning.


I do think that it is a fetching shade that looks good on the hands and makes for an especially fab summer foot.  And for those that like to dabble in nail art and designs and such, this would be a nice addition to your line up of colors.  Orange Punch performed well, was not streaky and dried down rather quickly.  Overall, I am pleased to have this on hand (pun intended) for the upcoming warmer months.

Orly Orange Punch is available at Sally's Beauty Supply, Ulta and beauty.com, and retails for around $8.

2 comments:

  1. very lovely color, i do find it odd that their polishes dry to a matte finish but the colors are so pretty lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was a little bummed when I first noticed it. I didn't even know polishes necessarily came in a matte finish. Oh, well...

    ReplyDelete