Friday, February 22, 2013

Femmes Fatales, Volume 2


I told you guys I was going to do it.  Never mind that I had to raid several different stores in order to find the perfect one.  But I did it.  And now I have it.  I have successfully procured a perfectly pristine palette of theBalm's Shady Lady Vol. 2 from T.J. Maxx.  Again, for all those already familiar with the palette I ask that you indulge me for a moment.  For everyone else, let's ooh and ahh over the collection of lovely shades together, shall we?



Keeping in line with Shady Lady's animal motif, Vol. 2 boasts a bold zebra print that adorns both the palette as well as the sleeve it comes in.


On the back of the palette and sleeve is a preview of what goodness waits on the inside; all nine eyeshadow colors are listed by name and laid out in order of appearance.



The sturdy cardboard palette has a mirror and simple magnetic closure.  And the eyeshadows are a nice mix of buttery satins and creamy pearls - no glittery or frosty shades in the bunch.  Each and every shade had excellent color payoff as well.

Top row: Caught In the Act Courtney, Feisty Felicia and Insane Jane



Middle row: Bossy Bobbi, Makeout Mary and Just This Once Jamie



Bottom row: Mischievous Marissa, Tempting Tara and Devilish Danielle



Looking at both my Shady Lady palettes (Vol. 1 & 2) I noticed that there is a repeat of one color - Caught In the Act Courtney, which is a rusty, dark brown with bronze pearl.  But that doesn't bother me.  And don't you just love the names of the shadows?  Saying the cheeky names out loud is like taking roll call at an all girls detention center circa the 1950s.  It's the "bad girls club", indeed... but in a very good way.

theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 2 can be found at Sephora, beauty.com or theBalm.com for $39.50 USD; it may also be found at select stores such as T.J. Maxx and/or Marshalls - price is about half retail or less, depending on location.

No comments:

Post a Comment