Friday, January 11, 2013

A Rosy Nude


Finding a flattering nude can be quite an undertaking.  The wrong shade can have you looking like an extra from the set of The Walking Dead.  A good nude should not translate to colorless and pasty.   Much to the contrary, it should still complement your skin tone and not appear to drain the life out of it.  Nudes can run from muted pales to hues that fall under the "your-lips-but-better" category.  With that being said, if you're on the lookout for the latter I would like to offer for your review Revlon's Rosy Nude.


Rosy Nude is just that - a dusty rose colored "neutral" from Revlon's Colorburst lipstick line.  I would consider the finish to be a touch glossier than a satin for it leaves more of a shine than a sheen on the lips; in MAC terms I guess it would be considered a Lustre.  But whatever the case, it glides on smoothly, is not drying and is incredibly long-wearing (it lasted on me the entire day, even after eating).





Rosy Nude may come across as being too dark to be considered a nude, but it honestly is not.  As deep and heavy as it may appear, it applies lightly, depositing a tint of color that gives your lips a healthy, beautiful, natural looking pout.   Even full-on, depending on your skin tone, it is not in the least intimidating.  I can easily throw this on sans liner and run out the door without a second thought.  I grabbed this shade when I was on a tear, searching for and snatching up discounted tubes of Revlon's Soft Nude (which I talked a little bit about here) and I'm super glad I did.  Rosy is much more moisturizing than Soft and I really think it reads well on me.  I'm pleased.

Rosy Nude can be found at various drugstores and retails for about $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment