Friday, October 19, 2012

Color Series - Taupes: Don't Let This Sand Slip Through Your Fingers


It's Friday, so it must be time for our next installment of taupetastic goodness!  And here I offer you LA Splash's Sand Taupe.  It is a loose mineral shadow that I would describe as a chocolaty brown with a touch of gray and a pinch of goldy shimmer.  It is finely milled, soft and delivers full-on color that is very easy to blend.   This would make a beautiful brown smoky eye with virtually no effort at all.  I do not have any other color in my collection quite like this one.







I bought Sand Taupe along with a few other LA Splash mineral shadows from Ulta on a whim.  Hadn't really heard a lot about them, but liked the colors and wanted to try something new.  Another gamble that paid off handsomely.  And the price point for their products across the board is pretty low; I believe the shadows cost maybe $4, no more than $5?  (I tried to confirm the cost via Ulta's website, but the search didn't yield any results so they may only sell them at their brick and mortars.)  I DO know that they were very cheap - cheap in cost, but not in quality.  Let's say "wallet friendly".  That sounds better.

*Next up: A Make UP cream that will last FOREVER...

No comments:

Post a Comment