Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hair Love - Salerm 21

I’ve noticed that my hair has been really dry these past few weeks, which is normal for me as I get closer to the time when I need a perm.  My new growth seems to zap all of the moisture out of my hair.  I try to wait up to about 6-8 weeks and right now I’m at 5.
I’m back on my Fresh products (Soy poo and Pomegranate con), but I neglected to re-up on their Meadowfoam Cream con, which is both a conditioner and treatment to restore moisture to dry hair. 
My Dynamic Duo
You know, for some reason I tend to change my lineup of products even though they claim to he my HG (holy grail).  I can’t, for the life of me, figure out why I do that to myself!  I guess because I like trying new things, but still…  Why?  Ugh!  Anywho, I decided to dig through my stash of retired products to see if I could find something that would suffice.  Enter Salerm 21.
I had originally bought this product years ago after hearing about it on a hair forum.  It was introduced as a Dominican leave-in conditioner that is supposed to leave your hair silky smooth and thus aid in giving you the perfect Dominican blow out, a blow drying technique that will leave even the most texturized/ethnic hair bone straight.  I used it and wanted to LOVE it, but couldn’t because it just didn’t give me what I wanted.  I like a lot of body to my hair, but this wasn’t working for me.  Plus, I expected it to feel softer, like silk.  I moved on and tried Lacio Lacio (another Domican leave-in) and fell in love with that instead.
Well, I dusted off the Salerm and decided to use it as a regular rinse out conditioner instead and I must say that I am pretty pleased with the results… Kinda.  LOL.  Although it works much better for me as a rinse out and it looks and feels more moisturized, my hair is laying a little flatter than normal.  It looks like I had a Dominican blow out which should be a good thing, but it doesn’t have the same bounce my hair normally has.  It seems more blah.  I dunno.  I don’t know about you, but I’m one of those people that if my hair doesn’t look right, I’m not right for the rest of the day.  It literally kills my mood when my hair is jacked up.  And while it’s not that drastic today, I’m not feeling my best.  My hair doesn’t look bad, it just doesn’t have that va-va-va-voom I’m used to.
While it will be good to have as a back up and use when in dire need, I’m gonna have to repurchase Fresh’s Meadow Cream asap and stop experimenting when I already KNOW what I know. 
Hmm… sounds like there's a life lesson in there as well.
UPDATE 9/15:  Now that it's been about 2 days since I originally wrote this, I must say that my hair looks really good. My curls are holding and it's fuller than than the day after using Salerm.  Just goes to show you that sometimes you have to wait for things to kick in and fall into place.  Will I still be buying my trusted Meadowfoam?  Yes, but I am finally starting to appreciate Salerm 21 as a solid, rinse out con. 

No comments:

Post a Comment