Friday, September 28, 2012

Color Series - Taupes: Just Wild About This Nut!


Continuing my series on one of my favorite colors, taupe, I would like to introduce to you Nutty eyeshadow by Wet N Wild.  It is a drug store find that lives up to the quality of more high-end eyeshadows both in texture and color payoff.


Nutty is one of the range of colors offered in Wet N' Wild's single shadow series.  It is a buttery soft taupe color that leans more towards gray than brown, therefore, it is more on the cooler side of taupe.  It is highly pigmented and blends easily on the lid.  When worn over a primer, I have not experienced creasing nor fading.




Again, I would consider the finish on this to be more like a high-pearl; it's not too frosty on the lid.

Wet N' Wild (above), L'Oreal Sassy (below)

Wet N' Wild (above), L'Oreal Sassy (below)
Compared to L'Oreal's Sassy 208, Nutty is much cooler and more gray.  But I love them both.

The price point on Nutty is around $1.00, no more than $2.00 and can often be found on sale along with other Wet N' Wild products.  So you won't have to break the piggy bank to pick this one up, either!  Yes, I know... you can thank me later.  LOL.

*Next up: a taupe that's as smooth as Satin...

No comments:

Post a Comment